4800 SW Meadows Road, Suite 300, Lake Oswego, OR 97035 | Tel 503 951 8209 | 상담전화 503 855 4079 | Fax 503 345 0860 | elliot@emsylaw.com

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)


We live in an exciting era of immigration reform. On June 15, 2012, the Secretary of Homeland Security announced that certain individuals who came into the U.S. as children and met eligibility requirements, could request deferred action for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and would then be eligible for work authorization.

Many individuals who came to the U.S. as undocumented minors recently graduated from school, and yet, are unable to find work or attend college because they do not have lawful status. This program gives them a chance to continue pursuing their dreams in the U.S. by allowing them to obtain a valid two-year work permit. If you are in a similar situation, you may be eligible to apply.


What are the benefits of DACA if granted?

  • You will be protected from removal from the U.S. for two years
  • You can obtain a valid work permit in the U.S. for two years (renewable every two years)
  • You can apply to receive a valid driver’s license (depending on the jurisdiction)
  • You can apply for a Social Security Number

Are you eligible to apply for Deferred Action?

Ask yourself these questions to determine if you are eligible to apply:

  1. Were you under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012?
  2. Did you enter the U.S. before your 16th birthday?
  3. Have you continuously resided in the U.S. since June 15, 2007, up to the present time?
  4. Were you physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012?
  5. Did you enter the U.S. without inspection before June 15, 2012, or did your lawful immigration status expire as of June 15, 2012?
  6. Are you currently in school, graduated from high school, or have you obtained a general education development (GED) certificate?
  7. Have you ever been convicted of any felony, significant misdemeanor, or three or more misdemeanors?
  8. Do you pose a threat to national security or public safety?

If you answered Yes to questions 1-6 and No to questions 7-8, you may be eligible to apply.

How can we help you?


Our firm can assist you with the following:

  1. Determine your eligibility to apply for Deferred Action and determine any other possible forms of immigration relief that may be available to you.
  2. Assess the risks involved for your particular situation and advise you on how best to proceed.
  3. Assist you with completing the entire application, submitting documents, and representing you as your attorney throughout the application process.

Deciding to apply for deferred action is an important step in your life. You get one chance to submit your application and make sure it is done correctly. Our firm is devoted to providing you with the highest quality legal representation throughout the process. We also offer payment plans for our legal services based on financial need.

To set up an in-depth consultation and needs-based assessment, call our firm today at 503-951-8209.

The preceding information is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed by virtue of viewing or using the information contained on this website.




4800 SW Meadows Road

Suite 300

Lake Oswego, OR 97035

Tel 503 951 8209

상담전화 503 855 4079


Copyright © 2018 Elliot M.S. Yi