Where should you and your fiancee marry? If you want your spouse to marry in the U.S., the fiancee visa is the right choice for you. Family and friends will be able to attend your wedding. Most importantly, you will reunite with your fiancee after months of waiting for long-distance. The decision on when and where to marry can define the future of your relationship. Our firm will guide you to ensure you follow all the K-1 fiancee visa requirements. Thereafter, we can assist you and your fiancee to secure U.S. permanent resident “green card” status. The following is a list of key requirements you must meet in order to file the K-1 fiancee visa application.
- First, you must be a U.S. citizen in order to petition for your fiancee to come to the U.S. You can prove your citizenship by including a copy of your U.S. birth certificate, biographic page of your U.S. passport, or copy of your Certificate of Naturalization, or Certificate of Citizenship.
- Second, you and your fiancee met in person within the past two years immediately before filing the petition. You must have physically met in person with your fiancee at least within the two years before we file your fiancee visa application to USCIS. You can prove meeting through photos together, travel itinerary, passport stamps, and hotel receipts.
- Third, you will marry within 90 days of fiancee’s entry into the U.S. Once your fiancee enters the U.S., you will both be required to marry within 90 days of your fiancee’s entry. This is a strict requirement that is required in order to file for your fiancee’s green card application in the U.S. thereafter.
- Fourth, you are in a legitimate romantic relationship with your fiancee. You can prove valid relationship by presenting photos together, screenshots of messages and video call records, and include letters of support from family and friends.
- Fifth, you earn enough income to financially support your fiancee. You will need to earn enough money over the Federal Poverty Guidelines depending on your household size. For a household of two (you + your fiancee) you will need to make at least $20,575 for 2019.
Our office offers reasonable flat rate fees for our services for each step of the way until your loved one successfully comes into the U.S. and later is able to obtain their permanent resident â€œgreenâ€ card.
We have included helpful article links below for you to learn more about the process of sponsoring your loved one from overseas to marry you in the U.S. Our firm has helped hundreds of international couples reunite on K-1 Fiancee visa in order to get married in the U.S. If you would like your fiancee to marry you in the U.S., please contact our office and call us direct at (866)691-9894.
Immigration Law Group, LLC Office Location
650 NE Holladay St, Suite 1600 Portland, OR 97232
Phone: (866) 691-9894
5 stars (out of 5)
Rated 5/5 Based on 60 Verified Ratings